Monday, September 29, 2008

Vent on Life.

Life has been a little crazy around here. The economy is taking a huge bite out of our lives. My husband just got a second job. He thinks I should stay home with the kids. We discussed this prior to having kids. I would stop working and take care of them, but we never thought that would mean he would have to get another job! I am very proud of him for stepping up and allowing me the joy of being with the kids all day. I am also very thankful to have a husband that sees the value in parents raising their children. However, I sometimes worry if it is enough. I may have to go back to work. Times are hard. We live in new construction and currently our air conditioner is broken! Our old house was over 40 years old and the air conditioner never went out on us! It is storming outside right now and I am waiting for the service center to open to see how quickly they can fix the air. The storm is supposed to bring in cooler air, so that is a plus. I don't mean to be so negative, because all in all we are truly blessed! I have two healthy children (and was told I wouldn't have any), I have a husband that loves me and values me, and I have a great extended family. Times always get better, it's just weathering the storm. God has been good and I have faith things will turn around for us soon. Thanks for the vent this morning :)

7 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

I too, want to vent so many times. It's crazy what has happened with the economy. Hope things get better for you!
Kris

jacquie said...

it's definitely tough out there...so many of my friends have lost jobs over the last few months and we went through our job mess last spring. keep the faith!

Anonymous said...

CALL UR COUSIN MARKIE IF U DON'T GET ANY QUICK HELP ON A/C FIX.

the girl said...

Can you beleive that we are in a position to be worrying about the economy? I remember when I was little (mid 70's - early 80's) pasing grown men on the street corners dressed like they were going to work, but with signs that said "no job, will work for food for family". I was always afraid my father would lose his job.
Now, I am a stay at home mom (for 3 years now). This is the first time since I was 15 that I haven't had a job or an income. I feel so powerless! I pray and hope that things will be okay.
You are in my thoughts!

Sarah and Jack said...

Oy. This economy is killing us too. :-/ Hopefully the cool air will kill the need for a/c for awhile.

Little Munchkins said...

I am glad you focused on the positive side of things which is the key thing. I really hope things will pick up for you soon.

Sandra Lundy said...

Oh...I feel your pain. The economy stinks! I dread every trip to the grocery store and the gas pump. Food prices here are just insane and get worse by the week. I hope things turn around soon. I also know that God has a place for this in all our lives and Faith is a must....but, venting to friends can really help :) Hope you get some relief soon!