Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hello Kitty Sewing

Gina got a Janome Hello Kitty sewing machine for Christmas, and I love it (she does too)!!! I finally got it set up for her to sew. She was so excited sewing on her own. She is making a quilt out of her fabric stash. Oh yes she has a stash. Every time we are at a fabric shop she has to have a couple of FQ's. She had a sweet rhythm going, sew, clip, press until the ironing accident occurred. She was so excited laying her fabric on the ironing board that she burned the back of her arm. Nothing major, your typical sewers burn :) However she decided that I should do her ironing for her, for a little while anyway. I can not tell you how much it blesses me that my 5 year old loves to create alongside me. I hope it lasts through the teen years, but time will tell I guess :)

14 comments:

Jackie Russell said...

Too Cute.

Mistea said...

What a great start to sewing, Love those colours.

Marcia said...

And, a new quilter is born!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed by her seams! They all match up beautifully! I will be doing a blog post about our adorable doll soon! My daughter disrobed her, and after I got her all put back together, the lighting was terrible for pictures!

jacquie said...

so cute and such great sewing!

Shannon said...

She is so precious! Looks like ya'll are having fun!

heather said...

That is great! She might be the next newest designer.:) Very fun to be able to share the fun!

Leslie said...

i just stumbled on your blog....my daughter has the same machine and loves it...

Thimbleanna said...

This is such a cute post -- how fun to be sewing together!

Lisa said...

She'll stick with it! A sewer is born!

Anonymous said...

Nice when you hold the package.Here in Finland, is the winter,frost,but spring will soon be,the sun is shining and the birds sing.Greetings from Finland.

Unknown said...

How sweet your little Gina is and how fun to have her sewing along side you. My daighter gave up sewing when my machine was acting up. We didn't have a little one for her at the time. Now this makes me wish I had went out and bought one just for her. Darnit. Can I have a do over? lol
Tammy

Treasuresofjoy said...

I LOVE that!
She did a great job!

Emily said...

I bet you were one proud mamma!