Monday, August 24, 2009

Finally

I participated in the Old Red Barn Quilt a Long earlier this year, but I couldn't blog about it. I was making my quilt as a Birthday present for my sweet little sister! Well Finally her Birthday has arrived and I can talk about this wonderful quilt a long!

I was so excited to actually make a full size quilt from start to finish! I usually make baby quilts, so this was huge!!! It fit my daughters full size bed. Dana was such a great teacher too! She took us step by step through the process. I will show the quilt finished with binding tomorrow (I still have to upload those pics). I used vintage sheets from my collection and I LOVE the way it all came together! I think I need to make myself one.

*Happy 32nd Birthday to the most wonderful little sister anyone could EVER have! I Love you NEALIE!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I'll take mine in queen size please!

It's wonderful!

BTW, want to set up a time to get together again soon? Been too long already.

jess said...

It's gorgeous! I'm sure she will always love it.

Lisa said...

Lovely!

Evelyn said...

It's beautiful! What a great idea for old linens. I will put it on my (ever-growing!) list of projects!

Michelle said...

It is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

OH WOW Gail!!!! It is soooooo unbelievably stunning!!!! You must be so thrilled - wish I was the lucky recipient!!!! :)

Nealie said...

this- is the BEST birthday gift I have ever gotten- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU soooo much- I have already had to wash it twice and each time I hesitate because I want it to last as long as possible- I can't believe how much life you added to those awsome sheets that meant so much- you are amazing and I am in forever awe of your creativity and capabilities- I LOVE YOU!

Elizabete GG said...

Olá,
Gostei muito da mochila do cogumelo.
Parabéns.
Fazes trabalhos muito bonitos.

Bjss
http://bloguedabecas2008.blogspot.com/

Andee said...

This quilt is amazing! I participated in your sheet swap last year (has it been that long?). I still love pulling out the goodies I received, and try to post my creations in your flickr group. I hope you add this quilt picture to the flickr group! Thanks again for organizing that amazing swap.