Thursday, July 2, 2009

4th of July Quilt


Well I am attempting to machine quilt! The only machine I have that I can lower the feed dogs on is this super old Kenmore. I really need a machine upgrade!
It is not going so well. Maybe I will finish this quilt for the 4th next year. I like the loops, and the randomness. This was supposed to be my practice quilt for a bigger project I have going on. I may just have to put the old machine away and break out the quilt frames. Hand quilting is so much more therapeutic, right?

3 comments:

jess said...

I love it! I hope you find a great deal on a new machine! My machine, presumably, came with a plate to cover the feed dogs, but it was mom's machine and she lost the parts. So until I get a new machine, I will have to do straight line quilting.
I am so glad to see you back into craft mode!

Bonus Mom said...

Thanks! I have a Kenmore that is only 10 years old too that I sew everything else on. I would love a new machine with all of the bells and whistles, but would I really take the time to figure them all out? LOL

Michelle said...

I have been wanting to try that too but I am scared, I think yours looks great!